Security Solutions Architect - Technology Services DivisionSan Diego, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-613757
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Solutions Architect. The Solutions Architect I supports the achievement of sales goals through direct pre-sales support providing high quality, innovative, cost effective technical solutions that meet or exceed our customer’s needs in a professional manner.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Develop technical solutions that map customer business requirements to security technology solutions
- Generation of technical scopes of work (SOW) and detailed design narratives for technical solutions and associated cost estimates
- Manage estimation process to include interfacing with multiple representatives of sales, management, and customer teams
- Analyze blueprints, construction drawings, and technical/functional design specifications to prepare compliant solutions
- Research emerging technologies in support of security integration solutions
- Interface with product and distribution partners to obtain systems, device, and equipment pricing during estimating process
- Support Sales Team by participating in technical discussions and meetings with customers and/or product partners
- Understanding construction divisions, as they relate to Electronics -Safety and Security for RFP responses.
- Maintain quality assurance by following organization and department standards
- Other duties as assigned by management
Knowledge & Skills
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree in related field preferred; equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience with integrated electronic security solutions or 2 years of experience in a pre-sales support/engineering position
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure including switches, routers, IP configuration, CCNA or equivalent certification preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of certification
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; capable of managing multiple tasks, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to communicate with people via email, over the phone, and in person is required
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Word)
- Ability to travel (20% - 30 %) on an as needed basis
- Utilizing a PDF editing – Creation tool such as Bluebeam for device plotting, and team collaborations.
Allied Universal® provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.