Director of Sales (Security Systems Integration)San Francisco, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-606388
Allied Universal Technology Services is hiring a dynamic and strategic Director of Sales that will develop the sales strategy and execution plan, the Northwest region, while leading a team to generate new and profitable sales and revenue within the electronic security and converged solutions marketplace. The Converged Security Solutions includes: (Access Control Systems, Video Surveillance Systems, Intrusion & Perimeter Detection Systems, Intelligent Video Systems with Analytics, Physical Security Devices, Hardware & Personnel, Security Operations Center Systems, Physical Security Information Management Systems (PSIM), Artificial Intelligence, Service Maintenance Plans, Hosted, Managed and Monitored Services, etc.)
The Regional Sales Director will recruit, hire, coach and support the activities of the team to achieve sales and profit objectives. It is critical that the Regional Sales Director leverage prior insight selling knowledge within the contractor, consultant and vendor community. Responsibilities include working in a team environment to develop responses to deliver winning business development opportunities, maintaining a comprehensive knowledge base of security issues in vertical and horizontal market(s). Sales is a key partner, focusing on winning the right clients, developing customer intimacy, and understanding needs by ensuring proposals meet specific client needs. It is critical that the VP Sales not only achieve financial sales goals, but also engage with the team to provide our clients with quality service that fully represents Allied Universal Technology Service’s culture.
The Director of Sales will report to the Regional Vice President to lead, coach, train, and develop sales teams, sales capture strategies, and account development initiatives in order to achieve and exceed sales bookings targets.
- Collaborate with the regional management team to lead, coach, train, and develop sales teams providing focus, direction, and strategies for the development of both Enterprise & Commercial customers and prospects
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Sales Operations to implement and drive adoption of sales tools, training and standards within the sales team.
- Mentor and coach sales professionals to identify, target, qualify, and acquire new customers on prospecting plans. Support activities within their assigned vertical markets, complex subjects, and complex negotiations.
- Provide strategic direction and management to assist the assigned region in achieving booking and business development targets
- Attend ongoing customer-facing meetings with sales professionals adding insight and strategic coaching in a sales environment
- Maintain thorough knowledge of industry, structure, trends, and issues to ensure full discovery and understanding of customer’s primary business goals, operations, challenges, and requirements
- Assist the field sales teams with the development of existing customer accounts and relationships, examines the customer’s business and find the strategic impact of our offering to the customer
- Display a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional opportunities
- Drive collaboration and provides capture management on strategic deals, including development of capture strategies, cross-functional team coordination, customer presentations, and price setting
- Develop and monitor sales account plans and progress, including market conditions, customer needs, and competitive activity; provide progress and execution updates
- Conduct weekly pipeline reviews with sales professionals and manage sales activity to ensure pipeline is diverse and robust to meet assigned sales goals and targets
- Cultivate effective business relationships between sales professionals and customers in order to communicate full scope of Allied Universal Technology Services’ (AUTS) solutions and services to meet customer business goals and achieve company sales objectives, including sales volume and market share
- Establish strong sales practices with the team to drive individual and regional performance to consistently meet and exceed company and Regional sales goals
- Manage expenses and maximizing return on investment and profit
- Observe and enforce company policies and procedures
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree plus at least 5 years of industry experience in sales management. Over 10 years of Sales Management experience will be considered in absence of a degree. We also seek the following:
- Proven success in hiring the best sales talent and effectively managing a sales team’s performance to achieve superior results through performance coaching and employee development
- Demonstrated experience overseeing key sales activities such as negotiations, account & project capture management, prospecting, strategic selling, proposal development, estimating, presentations and public speaking
- Exceptional organizational skills, sales management skills, and communication skills with all levels of field sales and leadership teams, Directors, and Executives.
- Strong networking experience and desire to join associations to position Allied Universal Technology Services as the industry leader
- Metrics driven leader that effectively leverages data through Salesforce.com to report sales performance to executive leaders
- Formal sales training on strategic consultative selling techniques
- Industry subject matter expert demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and challenges faced while identifying and implementing resolution to overcome these challenges.
- Experience using a formal, defined sales process
- Ability to travel throughout all areas of the territory, including 25% overnight travel
- Demonstrated ability to work in and facilitate in a team oriented management environment to help identify and solve problems
- World class interpersonal and communication skills, including highly effective written and oral delivery
- Collaborative leadership ability to get along with other employees, work under stress and continuously improve
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers to ensure compliance with fair employment practices and perform multiple tasks in a timely, courteous and professional manner
- Highly effective leader with the ability to build strong relationships internally with all levels of the organization and manage under difficult service delivery timeframes
- Dedication to high quality customer service delivery and integrity through proven client and customer relationships
- Proficient in web-based applications (i.e. salesforce.com), and programs (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint), to effectively edit and create reports, database entries and presentation materials