Private InvestigatorSan Jose, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-830648
Allied Universal® Compliance and Investigations, North America’s leading expert insurance claim investigations, compliance and corporate governance company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve.
Allied Universal® is hiring an Investigator. The Investigator’s primary focus is to investigate insurance claims for a variety of coverage to include workers’ compensation, general liability, property and casualty, and disability. This individual must have investigative skills to independently conduct all aspects of basic surveillance investigations and basic claims investigations.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K, disability, life, etc. offered to all full-time staff
- Fixed bi-weekly auto allowance provided to most investigators
- Company credit card for all fuel and travel
- Investigations related educational opportunities and paid training
- Career paths built for advancement for every investigator
- Dedicated Field Leadership department for maximum communication, teamwork, and mentoring
- Competitive rates and bonus plans
- You are paid for every second you work
- Bonus eligible for monthly video submission up to $500 - based on performance
- Guaranteed at least 40 hours per first 90 days after orientation and training - available in select markets
- Excellent technology designed to improve your work life balance
- Opportunity for maximum OT earnings
- Job Stability working for one of the largest employers in the world
- With CNI having investigative operations in the U.K, Ireland, Australia and every state in the US, opportunities for relocation are prevalent
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently investigate insurance claims for a variety of coverage to include workers’ compensation, general liability, property and casualty and disability.
- Collect information through use of own discretion, and guidance from clients and case managers, by means of:
- Personal observation with video and photographic validation
- Associates or bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or related field desired but not required. Some of our best investigators come from the security, loss prevention and law enforcement fields! We will look at experience in lieu of formal education, and also consider those looking for a career change completely! What we ultimately look for are people who have a desire to succeed and want to be a part of a great team! We’ll teach the right person!
- Must be able to successfully complete the Allied Universal Investigations PI Training/orientation course
- Type and Length of Specific Experience Required:
- If previously employed, meaningful and verifiable work history
- Ability to be properly licensed as required by the state in which you currently reside
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.