Call Center Benefits ClerkSanta Ana, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-866971
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Benefits Service Representative. This position is responsible for providing customer service to employees calling into the benefits hotline. In addition to assisting with incoming calls, this position will also provide support for a variety of benefit department functions.
Can make up to $21.00 an hour
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide assistance with benefits administration of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan and retirement plans on a daily basis.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, qualifying life event changes, beneficiaries, disability, maintain group benefits database and update employee records.
- Provide customer service for all employees calling into the benefits hotline.
- Responsible for retrieving messages left on the hotline and returning employee calls.
- Manage high volume of inbound calls in a courteous and timely manner.
- Ability to identify different scenarios and apply appropriate resolution based on employee issues.
- Respond to incoming emails to the Benefits email box.
- Support and ensure compliance of company policy.
- Ability to accurately document all calls and inquiries in an employee record.
- Be detail-oriented and able to work in a high volume work environment with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Assist with the processing of National Medical Support Notices inquiries and enrollments.
- Assist with various audits of benefits data.
- Assist benefits department with projects.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Experience working in a fast-paced call center environment.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook and Excel). Experience with Winteam a plus.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact with different levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.