Chief Compliance OfficerSanta Ana, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-641564
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Allied Universal is hiring a Chief Compliance Officer at our headquarters in Santa Ana, CA. The Compliance Officer will be responsible for developing, implementing and providing oversight and management of enterprise-wide compliance program intended to ensure effective compliance with legal and regulatory regimes relating to integrity, ethics, anti-corruption, anti-terrorism and related matters. The Compliance leader will works with internal stakeholders across regions and functions to establish ‘culture of compliance’ and promote execution of compliance principles and expectations
- Develop, implement, maintain and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manage day-to-day operations of the compliance program
- Develop and implement processes and procedures for reporting and addressing compliance issues and policy violation
- Ensure effective, iterative training enterprise wide on key compliance expectations and processes
- Collaborate with global regions and corporate functions, including Legal, Training, HR, Finance and Corporate Affairs to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures
- Engage with regional compliance resources to ensure effectiveness of local compliance efforts
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues and concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; direct the development and implementation of corrective action plans by line authorities for resolution of problematic issues; and provide general guidance on how avoid or mitigate similar situations in the future.
- Regularly report compliance issues and the overall status of the compliance program to CEO, Board of Managers, and Senior Executive team.
- Together with company counsel (as appropriate) investigate potential compliance breaches and issues. Engage with governmental and investigative authorities on resolution of compliance matters, under the guidance of company counsel
- Establish and provide direction and management of the compliance reporting mechanisms
- Monitor the performance of the compliance program and related activities and policies on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Develop and implement use of monitoring tools
- Ensure that independent contractors, agents and vendors conduct themselves in accordance with compliance program requirements
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in legal, finance, accounting, or business studies. Master’s degree in a related field is preferred
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Compliance, Enterprise Risk, Internal Audit, Corporate Security, Legal Operations or Financial Management required
- Ability to influence and lead others outside of chain of command across large and diverse enterprise
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, initiative, self-motivation, practical learning skills, enthusiasm and an ability to complete multiple tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- Experience in public speaking, business presentations, meeting management and business correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and/or sensitive corporate information.
- Ability to multi-task and solve complex operational issues.