Corporate Spend DirectorSanta Ana, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-624011
Looking to get back into workforce with a stable company? North America’s leading security company has opportunities available in your area! At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Alllied Universal is hiring a Director, Corporate Spend. The Director will be a core member of the Corporate Strategy team with specific focus on driving strategic sourcing & procurement execution activities across various corporate spend categories. Specific focus will be on the following categories: Facilities management (including real estate construction project management) and Travel. Activities will include executing sourcing & cost reduction projects with guidance from supervisor. Skills required include: general problem solving, good written and verbal communication skills, strong Excel & PowerPoint skills, negotiations, basic concepts of procurement & strategic sourcing
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Conducts advanced analytics using Excel, SQL, and other software as needed.
- Develops reports and output using PowerPoint
- Leads initiatives developed by the Corporate Strategy and/or Corporate Procurement team
- Provides support to the Corporate spend reduction efforts across a variety of initiatives and, as needed, coordinates directly with field personnel
- Manages a portfolio of 5 – 10 sourcing/cost reduction initiatives at any given time with guidance from supervisor
- Leads sourcing/RFX efforts from beginning to end including at the bare minimum the following activities – project scoping, new supplier identification, spend baseline definition & development, RFI/RFP/RFQ development and execution, developing bid analysis/negotiation comparatives, execute negotiations (under the guidance of supervisor), make business award recommendations and help spend owners select supplier
- Coordinate supplier management activities such as – new vendor registration, supplier performance reviews, ongoing operational communications & follow-up with suppliers, etc.
- Execute basic procurement activities such as – raising purchase requisitions, placing catalog orders, analyzing spend, etc.
- Time permitting, assist Corporate Strategy/Procurement and Business Spend Owners in other related spend optimization activities that include – demand management, value engineering, process & policy controls, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering
- Basic understanding of accounting & procurement concepts
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience, with at least 3 years of procurement experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Proven and demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; experience with at least one business intelligence tool is preferred (Domo, Tableau, Alteryx, Microsoft BI, etc)
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
Allied Universal® provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to people and businesses within our local communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com. We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.