Director of Public RelationsSanta Ana, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-827556
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal is hiring aCorporate Public Relations Managerto lead proactive media relations, assist with crisis management, plan and execute media events, act as a spokesperson, pitch news stories and recommend digital and social media strategies to tell our story in an engaging and effective way. They will be supported by top PR agencies in key markets.
If you are passionate about serving the community and storytelling, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, this is the right company and career for you!
- Assists with crafting and disseminating CEO communication company-wide
- Proactively recommends opportunities to highlight key leaders in media events and at conferences
- May write talking points, speeches and/or articles for Allied Universal leadership
- Creates/edits thought leadership articles for trade and vertical association publications, crafts/reviews nurture campaigns and sponsorship copy fulfillment
- Facilitates award submissions for brand recognition and promoting internal successes
- Partners with teams to secure speaking opportunities at association/trade shows
Media Relations/External Communication
- Handles media relations, serves as company spokesperson and fields/responds to reporter requests for interviews and information
- Generates positive publicity and media coverage for company news, information and products & services
- Maintains relationships and contacts with reporter contacts across the country
- Writes blogs and contributes to articles to position the company as a thought leader on a variety of topics related to security, technology and hiring veterans
- Supports social media efforts with strategy and content
- Assists Vice President, Communications, with crisis communication and issues management
- Creates messages for client awareness and education, such as incident alerts and security tips and resources
- Writes case studies to help promote company offerings and solutions
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a similar focus preferred.
- At least 4 years of public relations experience
- Superior, world class interpersonal and communication skills as well as solid writing skills
- Ability to tell stories through words and images in both traditional and new media formats such as social media
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivated, ability to meet tight deadlines as necessary
- Customer service oriented
- Dedication to high quality service delivery and integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external with agency partners
- Bilingual Spanish speaker is a plus
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.