Director of Strategic Solutions (Southwest Region)Santa Ana, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-586978
Primary Purpose and Function
Allied Universal is hiring a Director of Strategic Solutions ("DSS") for the Southwest Region. The DSS provides regional sales leadership, industry thought leadership, Sales Professional coaching, cross-selling expertise and account management guidance in order to increase sales. The DSS reports to the Vice President of Sales ("VP Sales") for the systems integration division and has a dotted line relationship with the guard services Regional President in the Mid-Atlantic Region. The DSS has four primary areas of responsibility, which may change from time to time:
- Proactive engagement of existing guard customers in order to facilitate cross-selling of systems integration;
- Oversight of Allied Universal's Account Management Methodology (AMM), including most notably the systematic development and execution of Account Development Plans (ADPs) for all newly acquired customers and for the top 25 systems integration accounts;
- Leading the successful capture of large (>$lMM) competitive proposals as identified by the VP of Sales, EVP of Operations and/or President; andassisting Regional Presidents, Vice Presidents, Client Managers, Business DevelopmentManagers and Sales Professionals with strategic sales opportunities as needed.
- Facilitating systems integration cross-selling solutions to current and prospective guard customers is of utmost importance to the Company relative to future growth and competitive differentiation.
The DSS will serve as one of the Company's primary facilitators of cross selling. In this capacity, the DSS will proactively engage internal Company representatives from both guard services and systems integration in order to analyze the customer base, prioritize targets for cross-selling and engage with those customers in order to generate demand for an end-to-end solution. As customer interest is created, the DSS will lead the systems integration proposal development process through multidisciplinary teams comprised of guard services Client Managers and Business Development Managers, and systems integration Sales Professionals, Solutions Architects and General Managers.
The DSS is well versed in corporate security best practices and understands end-user operational synergies that can be created through leveraging technology. The DSS also leads diverse teams in the pursuit of large, competitive and complex systems integration sales opportunities.
The DSS works collaboratively with the VP Sales to develop go-to-market strategies, competitive differentiation themes, demand generation initiatives and other strategic initiatives. The DSS works directly with Sales Professionals as needed to develop selling skills and tactics. The position carefully tracks and routinely reports on cross-selling initiatives, large sales opportunity pursuits,sale funnel development and other key performance indicators.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provides strategic direction and tactical management to Sales and Sales Support organizations
- Responsible for regional achievement of bookings and booked gross margin targets as established by the VP Sales
- Conceives cross-selling solutions comprised of guard services and electronic security systems through the proactive engagement of internal and external resources
- Provides oversight and compliance assurance for the Company's Account Management
- Methodology (AMM)
- Leads, oversees and/or assists multi-disciplinary capture teams in pursuit of large, competitive new business opportunities
- Helps ensure institutionalized usage of, and compliance with the Company's CRM platform, workflow and policies
- Provides sales training and professional development to General Managers and Sales
- Engages with key customers as needed to ensure relationship viability, resiliency and profitability
- Routinely compiles and analyzes market data in order to increase competitiveness
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep, comprehensive understanding of corporate security best practices
- Strong analytical decision-making capabilities
- Complex business case development and analysis
- Large capture management methodologies (i.e. Shipley, etc.)
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate and influence others
- Ability to travel (50-60%)
- Electronic security systems sales management experience: 7+ years
- In-depth knowledge of security system design best practices and product applicability
- Ability to lead diverse teams of business development professionals, technical designers and engineers
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple large, complex engagements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; superb oral presentation skills