IT Technical Support SpecialistSanta Ana, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-860046
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal is currently seeking a Support Desk Technical Specialist for the Corporate IT team. The fundamental responsibility of the Support Desk Specialist is to provide technical support and training with software and hardware to internal end-users primarily through in-bound phone calls. On-call rotation with the other members of the department team. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Provide assistance to internal customers on software and hardware issues and questions
- Configure and maintain hardware including PC, notebooks, printers, etc.
- Provide training and documentation for Allied Universal Security Services standard and custom applications
- Assist with various projects and support as assigned
- Maintain network security, User account creation/administration.
- Assist network operations in maintaining network connectivity
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma plus education in Computer Science. At least 1-2 years previous help desk experience is strongly preferred. A positive, friendly attitude towards internal clients is essential to provide a high level of customer service using excellent communication skills to all levels of employees and management. The ideal candidate must also be familiar with the following:
- Active Directory experience
- Operating systems (Windows 2007/2008/2010)
- Familiarity with data communications equipment and software
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Custom Applications (ERP,CRM)
- Previous Support Desk experience preferred
- Must have automobile. Occasional travel is required
- Ability to lift and carry computer equipment to 45 lbs.
- Comp TIA A+, MCP, MCSE, MCSA, MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist), HDI certifications are preferred.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.