Senior Income Tax AccountantSanta Ana, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-762973
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Allied Universal is seeking an experienced & highly motivated Senior Income Tax Accountant to join our Tax team! Our tax team is an integral, hands on, detail-oriented group that supports a large acquisitive growing organization. The Senior Income Tax Accountant will assist with complying with all federal, state, international and local income tax laws in preparing and calculating the company’s income tax returns, estimated tax payments, and interim and year-end provision as well as partnership tax compliance, general ledger support, special tax related projects and tax audits. The Senior Income Tax Accountant will gain exposure to both domestic and international tax as Allied Universal operates in North America and in over 80 countries.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with external tax advisors in completing and reviewing US federal, state, local and international tax compliance forms
- Prepare and/or review detailed tax information requests of supporting the U.S. Federal and state income tax returns
- Review and calculate quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Prepare monthly tax reconciliations & analysis, assist with resolving tax notices/inquiries as well as consult and advise business units with various tax matters and issues
- Assist with year-end and quarterly provision calculations, and all supporting workpapers and documentation.
- Provide tax support to external auditors as required.
- Research tax questions/issues and involvement in other special projects
- Prepare and maintain tax calendar for corporate income tax returns and other related filings, as well as assist in various administrative matters
- Keep abreast of all federal and state tax law changes to ensure proper compliance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of public accounting and/or corporate tax experience
- CPA license or CPA exam eligibility a plus
- Experience with Corptax required
- Practical understanding of general corporate tax matters
- Experience with international, multi-state corporate and partnership income tax returns
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication and computer skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience with query tools required
- Self-motivated & deadline-oriented
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form