Social Media ManagerSanta Ana, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-617754
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Allied Universal is hiring a Social Media Manager at the HQ in Santa Ana, CA. This is a classical business-to-business (B2B) marketing position in a fast-paced organization, supporting Allied Universal, its business divisions and internal stakeholders (i.e. recruiting). The Marketing Department at Allied Universal is responsible for diverse goals including awareness building, lead generation & nurturing new business, brand building, customer retention & cross-selling, employee recruitment & retention, and online reputation management.
This position is responsible for managing the company’s social media and online presence in North America. Under the direction of the Senior Marketing Manager, Digital and Social, the Social Media Manager monitors, writes/publishes posts, and engages with multiple audiences through the corporate Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube platforms. The Social Media Manager will also develop a social media calendar and provide social media support for internal departments. The right candidate must possess excellent writing skills and sound judgment. Advanced knowledge of social media platforms and best practices, experience with social listening programs such as Hootsuite & Agorapulse, familiarity with platform analytic tools, and prior experience with paid advertising on Facebook and LinkedIn desired.
- Design an innovative social media strategy that resonates with our diverse audience and drive its implementation
- Define social media priorities, goals, and targets that align to business goals and audience insights; collaborate with Recruiting and PR to ensure tight alignment of content & message
- Proactively identify areas of optimization, set best practices, and communicate these across teams; provide regular metrics to demonstrate alignment to KPIs
- Write engaging copy for social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Glassdoor, Indeed, Twitter, etc.
- Align strategy and content calendar to meet key stakeholder needs.
- Manage partnerships with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, among others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Marketing preferred
- 4-5 years of experience in social media strategy planning, goal setting, and implementation
- Familiarity using data to adjust and optimize strategy and activations for all channels
- Computer savvy, with working knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign is preferred
Other Requirements or Competencies:
- Highly motivated problem-solver with sound judgement and business intelligence
- Energetic, driven personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and work well with others
- Professional, articulate, and able to use good judgment and discretion in handling sensitive material; possess the ability to recognize when and how to escalate specific situations for resolution
- Well-versed in creating reports and measurements to track results; comfortable with data collection, analysis, and report writing
- Take projects from planning stages to implementation and collaborate with other roles and departments
- Assemble a creative brief, work with graphic designer(s) and lead creative projects through completion (for social media assets).
- Effectively prioritize tasks based on business contribution and need
- Creative, flexible, and willing to adapt to new situations, processes, and directions
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task while maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency in communications (written and verbal); strong editing/proofreading skills
Allied Universal® provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to people and businesses within our local communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com. We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.