SQL Database AdministratorSanta Ana, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-792849
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Allied Universal is currently seeking an IT Database Administrator that will be responsible for maximizing customer satisfaction and maximizing the up time for the end-user/customer production environment by delivering superior support to end users and IT team members on various types of software programs. This includes troubleshooting applications and being a point of escalation for all internal customers such as operations, development (especially IT Support Desk), and other business units.
This position will also be responsible for serving as the administrator for many applications where he/she will configure, administer and suggest ways to better utilize the applications to help the organization meet its business objectives. Other responsibilities will include partnering with the training department on training materials for new applications, assisting with product roll outs, and participating in application enhancement projects.
- 1. Assist in the day to day monitoring, support, and maintenance of the SQL Server Infrastructure, Enterprise Applications, and SharePoint Farm.
- 2. Provide 24/7 critical support for production business critical databases.
- 3. Create scripts as directed to fulfill user requests for data and/or to automate processes.
- 4. Assist in the development of SSRS reports and SSIS packages to support business needs.
- 5. Participate in data migrations between disparate systems.
- 6. Create SharePoint objects as directed to fulfill user requests.
- 7. Deploy/Test enhancements to current software or the interoperability of off the shelf software, develop test plans, coordinate User Acceptance Testing, communicate and provide
- feedback to IT Directors and other stakeholders on test results (defects, bugs, errors, successes/failures).
- 8. Participate in projects that are aligned with the applications team being supported by the IT Applications Administrator and used to achieve the business objectives of Allied Universal.
- 9. Release management: assist in the deployment/upgrade of internally developed and third party software applications.
- 10. Occasional travel and overtime to meet project deadlines
- 11. Participate and contribute as a positive role model to Allied Universal's IT Department and to the organization as a whole
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of direct work experience with Microsoft SQL Server is required.
- Functional experience in T-SQL is required including stored procedures, functions, views, tables, indexes, and primary and foreign key relationships.
- Experience support enterprise class applications is required.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint is a plus.
- Functional knowledge of the software development lifecycle is a plus.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Ability to make decisions and work independently
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments, and effectively manage deadlines.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.