Tax ManagerSanta Ana, California Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-597910
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Allied Universal® is seeking a Tax Manager to join Corporate Tax Department. While the HQ is based in Santa Ana, CA the hiring manager is open to hiring a remote employee that can travel to Santa Ana as needed. The Corporate Tax Manager will manage the organization’s U.S. and international tax activities. This role leads the daily tax operations by directing tax personnel and implementing processes and procedures to maintain an effective internal control environment that ensures all tax records are prepared accurately and timely. The Manager will be responsible for communicating tax matters to executive leadership and internal stakeholders, as well as external partners.
Allied Universal® is the 7th largest employer in the world with over 800,000 employees in 80 countries. As a leader in the Security Industry we value our mission driven culture. By focusing on our TEAM values, we foster a caring workplace that is diverse and inclusive, which reflects in our communities and customers we serve.
- Oversee accounting for all income taxes (ASC 740) including review and preparation of the consolidated income tax provision (annual and quarterly) and all related assumptions, analyses, journal entries, calculations, and footnote disclosures.
- Prepare cash tax forecast for C-corporations and partnerships.
- Prepare and review of the consolidated federal income tax return, state income tax returns, and estimated tax payments, including all related analyses and support.
- Review and manage U.S. domestic and U.S. international tax compliance prepared by external tax service providers.
- Prepare all check requests, EFTs, and wire-transfers for payment of taxes and distributions to partners.
- Manage and oversee audits of federal, state, and foreign income tax, as well as assist with sales tax, customs and duties, and other local filings.
- Manage tax-related expenses and oversee other tax operations including sales taxes, business licenses, and annual reports.
- Support and defend transfer pricing strategy (APA) and uncertain tax positions (FIN 48), as applicable.
- Conduct tax research and work on projects to minimize tax burden and reduce the Company's effective tax rate and cash taxes.
- Provide support to finance and treasury department regarding non-income tax matters such as personal property tax, business tax license renewals, etc.
- Maintain an effective internal control environment to ensure compliance with financial reporting standards and SOX regulations.
- Adopt new tax software and implement processing changes as required.
- Manage relationships with external services providers and other consulting resources.
- At least 3 years of experience with Big 4 (or equivalent) and/or large corporate tax department of a multi-national company, with solid experience preparing and reviewing U.S. and foreign income tax provisions, including SEC reporting, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, and statutory reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required, a CPA, Master's Degree in Business Taxation or JD is preferred
- A well-rounded tax background with progressive tax experience, including management level responsibilities
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of corporate federal and state income tax law and corporate indirect taxes
- Exemplary tax and accounting research skills; experience with tax research software a plus
- Proficient in computer skills and applications, including Word, Excel, and OneSource
- Must work well in a dynamic, fast paced, high growth environment
- Outstanding leadership and people management skills and a proven track record of managing and motivating, successful accounting teams in a growing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain complex tax issues to non-tax personnel. Effectively communicate with regulatory agencies, tax reviewers, state, local, independent auditors, attorneys, support peers and all levels of corporate management
- Demonstrates the company’s core values and complies with all Company policies and procedures
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changing conditions and expectations
- Self-starter with the ability and willingness to exercise independent judgment and take appropriate action
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with business leaders across the organization
- Strong time management skills; able to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple priorities/expectations in accordance with strict deadlines.
C Corp and Partnership Taxation, Tax Provision, Compliance, State and Local