Risk Investigations GSOC Operator - Tech CompanySanta Clara, California Position Type Full Time Shift Type Afternoon,Evening,Morning Req ID: 2023-953256 Work Days Available Monday - Friday
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Pay Rate : $38.46 Hr
The primary duties are to ensure an efficient coordinated communication operations center for large campuses, as well as remote sites. Additionally, the GSOC will function as a resource for company personnel nationally and internationally. The GSOC Investigations Analyst is responsible for using best practices to identify, analyze, and support all incidents and investigations that are either impactful or potentially impactful to business, the brand and or employees. This position is responsible for using best practices for communicating information surrounding those incidents to leadership as appropriate. The GSOC Investigations Analyst will monitor cameras and alarms, dispatch associated calls via telephone and radio, operate access control technology, and provide general assistance to both employees and guests. The GSOC Investigations Analyst supports all global teams as they prepare for, respond to, and recover from both crisis and non-crisis incidents.
- Performing as a member of the security team, following guidance and direction from managers and the client.
- Safeguarding of proprietary information, integrity of systems and resources, verification and coordination of internal and external notifications of worldwide and local events that may have an impact to the client
- Monitor real-time physical security threats which have the potential to impact our client’s corporate critical infrastructure (personnel, facilities and assets, business operations, and reputation). These threats include but are not limited to crime (gun violence, aggravated assault, etc.), terrorism, protests, as well natural disasters, and other hazards.
- Responsible for answering routine and emergency calls, monitoring alarms and video equipment including fire alarms, door alarms, and duress alarms, and providing general assistance to both employees and guests.
- Coordinate with Workplace Security Systems team for maintenance of all equipment, including radios, alarm systems, telephonic equipment, CCTV systems, and any other equipment that may be integrated into the operation.
- Dispatch security officers, facilities and on-site EMS personnel as required via telephone and/or radio.
- Be accountable for personal daily and long-range tasks, from start to completion, and apply strong data entry skills in maintaining accurate records of individual and team activities.
- Use multiple internal and external resources to gather and manage information and intelligence about events that are occurring both domestically and internationally that may impact Client.
- Take an active role in position related projects. The levels of responsibility will vary from consulting to owning projects based on the individual and workflow.
- Act as a liaison between all departments and the Physical Security Department.
- Escalate (without delay) complaints and unusual/critical event information to the Shift Supervisor, Site Operations Manager, and Global Security Operations Manager.
- Accurately maintains control of all equipment and keys in the GSOC. Accurately logs all equipment and keys signed out and returned by Security personnel or other vendors.
- Supports global badging emergency requests after-hours when the Badge Administrator is not on-duty, which may include operating digital camera equipment, badge printer, coordination of badge activation and distribution of new and/or replacement badges.
- Be a partner in the education of the client’s Community regarding the role and profile of Security Operations.
- Act as an ambassador and assist in the education of the client’s Community on basic safety and security principles including “drafting” and asset protection as well as the safety and security tools and resources available to them.
- Inspect and observe all assigned areas of responsibility for suspicious activity, safety and security hazards, criminal activity, unsafe conditions, persons in need of assistance or any other unusual condition and effectively report all such incidents immediately.
- Greet, assist, and interact with a variety of persons, including employees, customers, visitors, contractors, public safety officials, and the public.
- Respond, compile, and report all information regarding theft, alarms, accidents, and other incidents that may occur.
- Responsible for directing emergency response activities and actively communicating with the management team and at times, providing emergency support in limited capacity.,
- Assist in the completion of audit and/or assessments within assigned areas of responsibility.
- 100% on-site position (no remote / flex working).
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 5+ years of customer service-related experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of security, dispatch operations, GSOC operations, investigations, or asset protection related experience
- Minimum 1 year experience supporting threat monitoring and risk analysis.
- Demonstrate an understanding of travel security, crisis management, and other areas of physical security investigations. Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, where you will need to prioritize multiple tasks. Proven knowledge and ability to carry out all-source monitoring, which requires the use of in-house risk intelligence platforms, to articulately utilize the information to protect client assets.
- Proficiency with Emergency Mass Notification Systems related to security incidents and employee engagement.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills to collect, evaluate, and draw logical and actionable conclusions from investigations.
- Proficient in troubleshooting methodologies to quickly diagnose issues and proactively forecast possible future issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to effectively communicate in a technically oriented environment with all levels of individuals in the organization.
- Must have the ability to speak, and write in English, and in a professional manner and to effectively disseminate information related to threats and incidents in crisis conditions and engage effectively with multiple stakeholders at various levels within a corporation.
- Computer experience required. Prior experience, to include these examples of, access control, CCTV, intrusion alarms, radio operations, Dispatch and Incident Reporting data entry, and other life safety alarm systems. Must be proficient in the operation of these systems.
- Familiar with a wide variety of web browsers and Microsoft Office Suite tools (Teams, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint).
- Adept at learning new technologies, tools, and applications (including the ability to adjust to changes or upgrades in software utilization) in fulfillment of duties.
- Strong cultural awareness, and ability to work within a muti-cultural organization
- Additional skills and training in the following areas is preferred: emergency medical dispatch training, incident command system training, emergency communications, and hazardous material response.
Perks and Benefits:
- Health insurance and 401k plans for full-time positions
- Flexible part time and full-time schedules that fit with your personal life goals
- Ongoing paid training programs and career growth opportunities
- Employee discounts through our perks program to your favorite restaurants, entertainment venues and much more…
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.