Badge Tech OperatorSeattle, Washington Position Type Full Time Shift Type Afternoon Req ID: 2021-635665 Work Days Available Friday,Monday - Friday,Saturday,Thursday,Tuesday,Wednesday
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Amazon Corporate Security Badging Office – Badge Technician I
About the role:
The Badge Technician I is primarily responsible for: customer service support, facilities support, phone call service and trouble ticket resolution, and access management. While operating under close supervision of the Shift Supervisor, a Badge Technician I is expected to execute on a number of standard operating procedures independently to support Amazon Corporate employees and affiliates on a regular basis.
This role will be working within a team of professionals in a fast-paced and complex environment to troubleshoot badging operations. Duties include but are not limited to: helping Amazon Corporate employees and associates resolve their badging issues via phone, email, trouble ticketing, and in-person through a Walk-Up service. Various administrative badging duties require good judgment and creative problem solving in the absence of specific instructions with the combined perspective of excellent customer service and strong attention to detail as security specialists.
The successful applicant will be comfortable with shift-based work, have direct day-to-day contact with our clients and will need: outstanding communication skills, an exceptional ability to multitask, a great attitude and work ethic, to be a self-reliant team player, and have the ability to leave a consistent positive impression with each and every interaction.
- Experience working with security access control as well as badging applications and/or software (Lenel)
- Have the ability to multitask, and remain cordial and professional in stressful situations
- Have excellent phone etiquette and people skills
- Be a proactive problem solver
- Be able to learn and apply standardized operating procedures to support issue resolution
- Need to have a positive attitude and outgoing personality
- Need to be proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office Suite
- Type at least 35 wpm
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in badging, access control, security operations center, military TOC (or similar)
- Have an Associate’s degree
- Have supervisory experience, ideally in a security role
- Have previous experience in customer service or in an administrative position
- Ability to read, write, and speak clearly in English
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements, skills, and standards required to perform essential job functions.