Professional Learning ManagerSeattle, Washington, Arlington, Virginia Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-607876
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Full Time $100,000-$120,000
Manager, Professional Learning
The Amazon Corporate Security “Global Security Operations Center” (GSOC) program is rapidly evolving; with multiple locations around the globe, meeting the dynamic needs of our corporate customers requires flexibility, bias for action, and skills ranging from security support to crisis response to customer service. To further support this continuously growing enterprise, we seek a Manager for the Professional Learning vertical who will be responsible for managing a talented team of training professionals supporting our GSOC in four locations around the world. The Manager for Professional Learning (MPL) will craft and implement a strategic vision to meet the professional learning and training needs for our rapidly growing and diverse team. The successful candidate will have an extensive background in delivering professional learning and development programs, as well as proven experience and acumen as a people and project manager. Given the pace and intensity of our growth, the successful candidate must be comfortable managing multiple competing priorities, refining the programmatic vision and elements in response to emerging needs, and assisting subordinates to be resilient when managing or navigating programmatic changes.
Department: Amazon Corporate Security
Location: Seattle, WA or Arlington, VA
Employment Type: Full Time
The Manager for Professional Learning will be responsible for engaging with the client to develop and implement a strategic vision for the Professional Learning vertical, as well as the day-to-day management of their direct reports. Opportunities for growth of the vertical will depend on the breadth and anticipated effectiveness of its strategic vision/plan, but growth is already anticipated due to the scale and anticipated expansion of the GSOC program.
Currently recruiting for one (1) full-time contracted position, located in either the South Lake Union district of Seattle, WA or Crystal City/National Landing in Arlington, VA.
Essential Functions -
- Develop, with client input and approval, a multi-phase vision and strategy for the global GSOC’s professional learning and development program, to include workshops, seminars, individual e-learning, leadership coaching, and workplace needs assessments.
- Refine and update the initial vision and strategy annually, in response to feedback and analysis and in concert with the budgeting cycle.
- Ensure strategies encompass the professional learning needs for the full spectrum of GSOC employees across roles and seniority.
- Ensure strategies include robust output, outcome, and other performance indicators against which to evaluate the program’s overall performance. Use this information to propose in-flight and long-term updates and improvements to program design and implementation.
- Identify and, at the request of client, source needed resources in support of the multi-phase vision/strategy, including external subject matter experts and technology.
- Serve as direct or skip-level manager to the other members of the Professional Learning vertical.
- Manage the day-to-day work of subordinates, ensuring they understand their work requirements and have the necessary supervision, support, and leadership to meet or exceed those requirements.
- Provide day-to-day management of personnel on the Professional Learning team, including hiring/selection, scheduling, payroll, and performance support.
- Ensure onboarding, training and continuous learning, and performance support-related programs, projects, and tasks, are appropriately carried out.
- Work within Allied structures to help personnel across teams reach their performance potential in assigned roles and meet broader professional development goals.
- Manage performance- or behavior-related staff concerns and issues as required within the hierarchical structure and in accordance with company policies.
Program Management and Oversight
- Lead the implementation of the approved strategic vision, and oversee or provide direct oversight for programmatic elements at the project- and course-level.
- Establish and adhere to a timeline for a multi-phased programmatic roll-out; ensure discrepancies between targeted and actual deadlines are well-documented and shared with client.
- Provide senior-level oversight to any outside vendors required to support the program, such as contracts for specific trainings, short-term engagement of subject matter experts to develop specific curricula, etc.
- Master’s degree in psychology, adult education, social work, organizational behavior and/or human resource management or equivalent plus five (5) or more years related work experience in organizational learning and development; or a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field plus seven (7) or more years related work experience.
- Proven ability to design and implement successful workplace education programs in support of diverse professional teams.
- Proven ability to oversee those planning and facilitating learning activities and processes and a proven record of identifying knowledge gaps and areas of improvement.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a direct manager-of-record across multiple levels of organizational hierarchy, to include mid-level managers.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, to include briefing senior client representatives and editing final products for business leader and customer consumption.
- Experience gathering and analyzing data or managing individuals performing such functions to create metrics that support positive change and continuous improvement recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan for and effectively manage change involving processes, policies, and/or technology.
- Proven ability to successfully and positively manage conflict across both localized and global teams.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and reprioritize according to situation or client expectations.
- Professional judgement to escalate issues to client with a solutions-oriented mindset and presentation.
- Noteworthy emotional intelligence, as demonstrated through leadership and management skills and activities, such as mentoring and/or proactively identifying customer needs before they are articulated or articulable.
Preferred Qualifications (In addition to related Basic Qualifications)
- Professional experience providing training or leading workplace education programs in a security-related environment.
- Professional certifications related to crisis management, project management, business continuity, Lean/Six Sigma principles, or in related fields.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements, skills, and standards required to perform essential job functions.