Pedestrian Safety Officer in Springfield, IL
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Professional Security Officers and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
- Part Time
- JOB LEVEL: Mid-Level
- Travel: No
What makes a successful Professional Security Officer at Allied Universal?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Trust Worthy
- Team Player
- Quick Thinking
- OUR CORE VALUES MAKE US PHENOMENAL. Efficient & Effective, Obsessively Focused on Results, Client Focused, Nimble, Fast and Responsive, United as a Team
- Our shared sense of duty to our customers and to one another, a dedication to a customer experience that is an industry standard
- Our relationships are at the heart of everything we do, each and every day.
Allied Universal offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Regional Vice President
Director of Operations
Professional Security Officer
"There is a mission, philanthropy, that we stand for… we do exciting and fulfilling work that protects people and assets, and that feels good"
From the time our Professional Security Guards are hired, Generally, excluding some clients and unions, employees are eligible for health and welfare benefits 1st of month following 60 days of employment. For 401(k) eligibility employees are eligible after 6 months of service.”
Service Anniversary Bonus
401k Retirement Plan
Company-Paid Life Insurance
Recognition & Rewards Programs
Employee Assistance Programs
Employee Discount Program
Tuition Discount Program
Training & Career Development Programs
ResponsibilitiesPedestrian Safety Officer in Springfield, IL Position Type Part Time Shift Type Afternoon,Evening,Morning,Overnight Req ID 2019-356939 Work Days Available Monday - Friday,Saturday - Sunday
This position is responsible for ensuring the efficient and orderly flow of pedestrians by mitigating the competing priorities of vehicular and pedestrian traffic at Intersections throughout the facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Directing pedestrians through intersections in coordination with traffic signals while utilizing physical barriers and traffic signs
- Complete incident/accident reports and submit to a supervisor, on the same day such incident/accident occurs for review
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 or more years of experience in traffic management
- Be adequately trained in flagging operations and be certified as a “Flagger” by the American Traffic Safety Services Association. Proof of Flagger certification must be submitted to the Port Authority before
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing tasks and effectively manage deadlines.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
- Current state driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and ability to safely operate a vehicle, if required.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English. Must be able to write handwritten reports in the field in clear, legible English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, and reach with both hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to drive a vehicle, golf cart, or bicycle, so must be physically fit and able to pass company driving/bike handling tests.
- Must be able to work entire shift/weekly schedule on a consistent basis and maintain excellent attendance in accordance with company polices. Must be able to work overtime as needed, including being able to stay over if relief is not readily available at the end of the incumbent’s shift.
- The ambient noise level is usually loud, consisting of communication in higher tones due to the noise level, vehicles consistently driving through Intersections and construction work, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple pedestrians with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Must be able to abide by Company’s zero-tolerance drug, alcohol policy, not be under the influence of drugs)(prescription or illegal) or alcohol to any degree while on duty, and report prescription drug use if such has the possibility of affecting job performance in any manner.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.