Global Security Operations AnalystTempe, Arizona Position Type Full Time Shift Type Afternoon,Evening Req ID: 2021-599530 Work Days Available Friday,Monday,Saturday,Sunday,Tuesday
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Security Operations Specialist
Pay Range $19.00hr -21.63hr (DOE)
Allied Universal has security jobs and are seeking to fill the position of a Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Operations Specialist. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, sick pay (in states where required), employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
A Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Operations Specialist is very important to the safety and security of our clients’ facilities. A Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Operations Specialistallows us to accomplish our company’s core purpose, which is “to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities”. The SOC security officer will be a key contributor to the security operations team in the event of a crisis situation that would threaten the safe and secure business operations. This could include, but is not limited to: natural disasters, workplace violence, facility emergencies, fire and issues of serious injury or illness.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support global security and facilities operations.
- Enable a world-class GSOC by working closely with other technical, incident management, and analyst professionals to develop a fuller understanding of the most likely and most impactful risks to the workplace.
- Decipher risk by correlating data from various sources to complete a comprehensive and persistent understanding of our corporate space.
- Develop detection triggers / indicators and thresholds for reporting security and facility risks to leadership.
- Monitor and respond to global alerts and events effecting company facilities and employees. Expeditiously and effectively communicate information and assistance through mass communications tools.
- Through issue analysis, generate insightful feedback to the business to improve the Workplace Experience.
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency calls including 911 calls. Assess urgency and properly dispatch security officers based on urgency and location. Contact external fire and law enforcement agencies in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Monitor and report regularly on global travel risks. Act as initial point of contact to support employee travelers' needs.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with internal and external responders during critical incidents.
- Actively monitor and respond to critical systems alarms such as physical security systems alarms, fire panels, protection systems and generator alarms.
- Foster cross organizational relationships to encourage risk information sharing across the business.
- Employ strong written skills to capture and communicate issues.
- Conduct detailed investigative support in support of business partners requirements using CCTV, physical security access and visitor management systems.
- Support the field in the tactical management of life safety events.
- Provide exceptional customer service by anticipating needs, offering suggestions and exceeding expectations.
- Handle multiple tasks; work with shifting priorities.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Previous experience working in a Global Security or Facilities Operations Center
- Ability to apply analytical and critical thinking skills quickly and accurately
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment and manage competing priorities
- Experienced in security and facilities software programs, trouble ticketing systems, communications & dispatch systems
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of proper handling of sensitive and proprietary information.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Posses a high school diploma or equivalent, or 5 years verifiable experience
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Answer phones and greets guests and employees
- Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately. Contact Emergency Services, such as EMT, Fire Dept., etc.
- Participates in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their sites
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time