Business Development AssociateToronto, Canada Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-915746
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
Allied Universal is currently seeking a Business Development Associate to support field sales activities with the intent to drive key performance indicators and sales results. It encompasses assisting Sales Executives and local Business Development Managers with many of the components of their job functions including telemarketing support, proposal writing, creating presentations, other sales administrative support and other developmental activities.
- Conduct cold calls on a select number of prospects provided by the BDM community to establish face-to-face appointments and determine prospect qualification
- Building rapport with prospects and transition “cold” inquiries over time into “warm” responsive prospects
- Maintain credibility of existing database by maintaining accurate CRM automated records, historical data on the sales process and updated contact information
- Develop relationships with prospects in database for who you are striving to set appointments with for BDMs
- Support the region’s sales team to create high quality, compelling, and customer-focused proposals/PowerPoint presentations in support of business goals by using high-level writing skills to persuasively answer questions to RFPs and develop proposal text
- Assist region’s BDMs in developing contracts for new clients
- Assist with the completion of pricing models at the direction of the VP of Sales
- Participate in meetings with prospects, as requested.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and data
- Network within community relationships, attend and get actively involved with identified associations (BOMA, ASIS, etc.), as agreed upon with VP of Sales
- Actively utilize social media in a positive fashion to exemplify the AUS brand.
- Proactively seek out ways to improve the Allied Universal prospect and customer experience
- Contribute to the Region meeting and/or exceeding sales expectations
- The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years inside sales or marketing, preferably with a service product
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows-based computers and peripheral equipment
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills over the phone and in person
- Demonstrated ability to successfully utilize CRM software to drive sales (SalesForce.com, ACT, Gold Mine, Upshot, Siebold, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment that allows for collaboration with the sales and operations teams in identifying and resolving problems, issues, concerns
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors and general public
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers and perform multiple tasks in a timely, courteous and professional manner
- Must be able to meet deadlines, work independently, take initiative and follow through with requests and details