Security Guard Greater Toronto Area, Ontario - Canada
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Professional Security Officers and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
- Part Time
- JOB LEVEL: Mid-Level
- Travel: No
What makes a successful Professional Security Officer at Allied Universal?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Trust Worthy
- Team Player
- Quick Thinking
- OUR CORE VALUES MAKE US PHENOMENAL. Efficient & Effective, Obsessively Focused on Results, Client Focused, Nimble, Fast and Responsive, United as a Team
- Our shared sense of duty to our customers and to one another, a dedication to a customer experience that is an industry standard
- Our relationships are at the heart of everything we do, each and every day.
Allied Universal offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Regional Vice President
Director of Operations
Professional Security Officer
"There is a mission, philanthropy, that we stand for… we do exciting and fulfilling work that protects people and assets, and that feels good"
From the time our Professional Security Guards are hired, Generally, excluding some clients and unions, employees are eligible for health and welfare benefits 1st of month following 60 days of employment. For 401(k) eligibility employees are eligible after 6 months of service.”
Service Anniversary Bonus
401k Retirement Plan
Company-Paid Life Insurance
Recognition & Rewards Programs
Employee Assistance Programs
Employee Discount Program
Tuition Discount Program
Training & Career Development Programs
ResponsibilitiesSecurity Guard Greater Toronto Area, Ontario - Canada Position Type Part Time Shift Type Overnight Req ID 2019-307461 Work Days Available Friday,Saturday
Allied Universal is seeking Professional Security Guards. Our Security Guards allow us to contribute to our company’s core purpose of providing unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses of our communities.
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- A valid guard card/license, as required in the province for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background check
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Access control for all drivers entering the facility to make a delivery or pick-up.
- Access control for all visitors/contractors/cleaners entering the facility.
- Must enforce all JNJ policies regarding visitors entering the Shared Distribution Center.
- Complete 1-2 interior patrols (if time permits) and report any abnormalities to the facility manager.
- Make sure all daily logs are filed correctly at the end of the shift.
- Management of key lock box and access card book during shift. (Make sure all keys/access cards issued throughout the day are returned by end of shift)
- Create various reports using the Winpak Access Control System and Microsoft Excel.
- Create access cards for new employees.
- Making sure paperwork is in place and up to date for all contractors doing any maintenance work or construction/renovation projects.
- Conducting random bag searches for visitors entering or leaving the facility.
Rate of Pay $15.00/hour