Physical Security Systems SpecialistPosition Type Full Time Shift Type Morning Req ID: 2023-947699 Work Days Available Monday - Friday
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal® is hiring a Physical Security Systems Specialist. The Physical Security Systems Specialist supports the global Security Integrations footprint through communication with global stakeholders, security systems programming, service ticket management, database management, security systems administration, and low voltage systems troubleshooting and support.
- Provide global support to partner in the planning, delivery and/or support of business processes utilizing information technology and business practices for strategic business units to include Lenel OnGuard Access Control, Milestone XProtect VMS, Axis video hardware, visitor management, servers/workstations, and Commend Intercom software platforms on a global level
- Provide support for security systems including application programming and support to partners in the planning, delivery and/or support of business processes utilizing information technology and business practices for strategic business units
- Participate in creation of project plans and schedules to meet business requirements; identify, analyze, and select information technology and business practices to support strategic global business process/plans
- Participate in the design, development, testing, and integration of applications with various levels of complexity
- Provide testing support for global service providers
- Remotely support, repair, troubleshoot access control equipment and IP based video security systems, including but not limited to electrified and non-electrified locks, card readers, ancillary door devices, IP and analog cameras, head-end video recording devices, wired and wireless systems and intercom systems)
- Troubleshoot system installations in a such a manner as to identify issues and to apply the most effective and efficient resolution consistent with company installation standards; identify and repair physical security systems as required to ensure operability and compliance with any applicable building code
- Act as the department representative interacting with service/project integrators for repair and maintenance of all access, CCTV, and alarm systems and provide testing support for global service providers
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and understanding electrical schematics, CAD drawings and related documents for their use in low voltage applications
- Participate in project or service-related conference calls and meetings to align with project/service needs.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of the department’s processes and procedures; maintain up-to-date documentation of service and project logs for all access control, CCTV, and alarm systems. Provide reports as needed
- Use discretion and judgment in planning own work/schedule and may have some responsibility for planning work/schedules for others on project related work
- Responsible for ensuring all necessary personal certifications to perform responsibilities are current
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment
- Minimum of two (2) years of security systems to include basic programming and operations management experience with one or more of the following: Software House, Lenel, AMAG, S2, Brivo, Milestone, Exacq, Axis, Bosch, Commend, DMP, Open Options, Notifier, Fluidmesh or ONSSI
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience installing and supporting low voltage alarm system hardware (fire, audio, intrusion, video)
- Understanding of Windows operating systems and overall IT network topology
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast based environment with minimum direction
- Able to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Strong troubleshooting skills, mechanical and electronics aptitude
- Customer service skills by aiding customers, employees, and visitors in a courteous and professional manner with cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate international business hours
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- College degree in Computer Science or Project Management
- Prior experience in project coordination or project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Basic understanding of SQL Databases
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Ability to develop basic programming skills and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.