Security Policy Manager - GSOCPosition Type Full Time Req ID: 2022-923293
Allied Universal® Risk Advisory and Consulting Services, North America’s leading security risk consulting, investigations, intelligence and threat, disaster and emergency response company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve.
The Security Policy Manager - Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) is an integral part of the client’s Physical Security & Safety team to ensure we maintain a safe and secure environment for all employees, contractors, visitors and guests. We are seeking someone who is both professional, courteous and possesses the technical acumen to oversee the team’s effort in safeguarding and protecting the Company’s people, property and processes, and contribute towards doing it with first-class customer service.
The Security Policy Manager within the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) is an experienced professional who has expertise in developing security policies as they relate to the overall safety and security of the corporation. The ideal candidate also has experience managing people, process, and technology within the Security Department as well as in the GSOC environment, including: shift-based team leadership, strategic program oversight, effective communication (writing, speaking and presenting) and policy and procedure development, as well as technical and project management.
Specific functional areas of responsibility and proficiency include: Policy Development, alarm monitoring principles, dispatching and coordinating allocation of resources, stakeholder (customers and operational partners) involvement, data-driven (metrics) reporting, team and task-specific performance assessment, travel safety and security and critical incident response management. The Operations Manager is responsible for driving process implementation and refinement, short and long-term project management, cross-team (control room and field-services) collaboration, maintenance of internal and external stakeholder relationships and directly supervises a team of Supervisors or Leads on assigned shift.
Essential Job Functions:
- Developing policy that accurately reflects the corporate security strategy, that provide realistic and attainable security goals.
- Ensure Security Policies are incorporated in all aspects of the security program.
- Conduct Gap Analysis and recurrent policy review
- Quality Management System
- Oversee the coordinated development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to the GSOC and affected stakeholders
- Lead the team by providing both strategic direction and hands-on guidance to team members in handling effectively related issues
- Ensure appropriate staffing coverage and alignment of position responsibilities for each shift
- Supervise the implementation of new technologies and business processes to improve efficiency
- Initiate and maintain strategic planning to keep pace with growth of business teams, number of sites and evolving customer and stakeholder needs; constant improvement of GSOC capabilities
- Build, lead, manage, and motivate teams in a dynamic, rapidly-evolving and cross-functional environment that is centered around the use of people, process and technology to ensure life-safety, security and resiliency at corporate sites
- Monitoring and tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) as per client MSA
- Ensure compliance with client expectations and policies, monitor assets and make rapid notifications via mass communication tools to stakeholders
- Provide enterprise detection and coordinated response to physical security, safety and business continuity events
- Develop and maintain security-services performance metrics and related reports
- Assist field-based security specialists, site security facilitators, and program stakeholders
- Stay at front edge of industry best practices relating to control center security management and related services
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, LICENSES & CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or 7+ years’ experience
- Minimum of 5-years of experience in Security or a similar role with at least 2-years leading and managing all aspects of a corporate control center
- Extensive experience and knowledge of developing, reviewing, and auditing Security Policies.
- Experience developing and/or maintaining a Quality Management System
- Experience Managing groups of 10 or more personnel in a shift-structured environment.
- Experience with various access control platforms, video management systems and incident management applications/software
Compensation & Benefits:
$100,000 annually, based on experience, training and other related qualifications
Allied Universal offers industry leading benefits, which are available to all full-time employee:
- Free employee life insurance
- Industry leading training and development
- Employee assistance programs
- Paid holidays and flexible PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Career advancement & relocation opportunities
- Great company culture and work/life balance
No phone calls. Please allow 7-10 business days for applicant feedback.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.