Director, Strategic Solutions - Electronic SecurityWashington D.C., District of Columbia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Secaucus, New Jersey Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2023-957102
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules! Start yourphenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Primary Purpose and Function
Allied Universal is hiring a Director of Strategic Solutions ("DSS") for the Mid-Atlantic Region. The DSS provides regional sales leadership, industry thought leadership, Sales Professional coaching, cross-selling expertise and account management guidance in order to increase sales. The DSS reports to the Vice President of Sales ("VP Sales") for the systems integration division and has a dotted line relationship with the guard services Regional President in the Mid-Atlantic Region. The DSS has four primary areas of responsibility, which may change from time to time:
- Proactive engagement of existing guard customers in order to facilitate cross-selling of systems integration;
- Oversight of Allied Universal Technology Services’ Account Management Methodology (AMM), including most notably the systematic development and execution of Account Development Plans (ADPs) for all newly acquired customers and for the top 25 systems integration accounts;
- Leading the successful capture of large (>$lMM) competitive proposals as identified by the VP of Sales, EVP of Operations and/or President; and
- Assisting Regional Presidents, Vice Presidents, Client Managers, Business Development
- Managers and Sales Professionals with strategic sales opportunities as needed.
Facilitating systems integration cross-selling solutions to current and prospective guard customers is of utmost importance to the Company relative to future growth and competitive differentiation. The DSS will serve as one of the Company's primary facilitators of cross selling. In this capacity, the DSS will proactively engage internal Company representatives from both guard services and systems integration in order to analyze the customer base, prioritize targets for cross-selling and engage with those customers in order to generate demand for an end-to-end solution. As customer interest is created, the DSS will lead the systems integration proposal development process through multidisciplinary teams comprised of guard services Client Managers and Business Development Managers, and systems integration Sales Professionals, Solutions Architects and General Managers.
The DSS is well versed in corporate security best practices and understands end-user operational synergies that can be created through leveraging technology. The DSS also leads diverse teams in the pursuit of large, competitive and complex systems integration sales opportunities.
The DSS works collaboratively with the VP Sales to develop go-to-market strategies, competitive differentiation themes, demand generation initiatives and other strategic initiatives. The DSS works directly with Sales Professionals as needed to develop selling skills and tactics. The position carefully tracks and routinely reports on cross-selling initiatives, large sales opportunity pursuits,sale funnel development and other key performance indicators.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provides strategic direction and tactical management to Sales and Sales Support organizations
- Responsible for regional achievement of bookings and booked gross margin targets as established by the VP Sales
- Conceives cross-selling solutions comprised of guard services and electronic security systems through the proactive engagement of internal and external resources
- Provides oversight and compliance assurance for the Company's Account Management
- Methodology (AMM)
- Leads, oversees and/or assists multi-disciplinary capture teams in pursuit of large, competitive new business opportunities
- Helps ensure institutionalized usage of, and compliance with the Company's CRM platform, workflow and policies
- Provides sales training and professional development to General Managers and Sales
- Engages with key customers as needed to ensure relationship viability, resiliency and profitability
- Routinely compiles and analyzes market data in order to increase competitiveness
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep, comprehensive understanding of corporate security best practices
- Strong analytical decision-making capabilities
- Complex business case development and analysis
- Large capture management methodologies (i.e. Shipley, etc.)
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate and influence others
- Ability to travel (50-60%)
- Electronic security systems sales management experience: 7+ years
- In-depth knowledge of security system design best practices and product applicability
- Ability to lead diverse teams of business development professionals, technical designers and engineers
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple large, complex engagements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; superb oral presentation skills
- Pay: $130-135k + auto allowance + gas card + bonus
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.