Investigative Analyst - Remote PositionWashington D.C., District of Columbia, Dallas, Texas, Richmond, Virginia, Orlando, Florida, Boston, Massachusetts, Chicago, Illinois, Detroit, Michigan, Atlanta, Georgia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Columbus, Ohio, Denver, Colorado, Phoenix, Arizona, Sacramento, California, San Diego, California, Portland, Oregon, San Jose, California, Las Vegas, Nevada, Seattle, Washington Position Type Full Time Shift Type Afternoon,Morning Req ID: 2021-662967
At Allied Universal®, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Executive Protection Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® today!
GENERAL PURPOSE AND FUNCTION:
The Investigative Analyst is responsible for conducting due diligence investigations, as well as conducting comprehensive all-source collection, analysis, and dissemination of the global threat environment, with a focus on intellectual property theft, patent enforcement, as well as geopolitical threats. Additional data analytic experience is beneficial. This position is responsible for gathering and analyzing information from a variety of sources, particularly open sources, to determine significance and promptly inform senior management to create decision advantage, while strictly adhering to established analytic standards of being objective, accurate, timely, relevant and actionable. Finished products will be produced for various business units and key stakeholders.
II. BASIC REQUIREMENTS A CANDIDATE MUST HAVE IN ORDER TO BE HIRED:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
● Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an intelligence or data analytic related field of study, such as intelligence studies, national security, political science, international affairs, criminology, statistical analysis, data analysis, or other relevant four-year degree from a national accredited program
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required:
● Must be able to conduct due diligence investigations, culminating in written reports
● Must possess at least one (1) year of previous work experience in conducting due diligence, investigating intellectual property theft or patent enforcement, national security, military intelligence, criminal intelligence analysis, corporate intelligence analysis, or data analytics involving the principles, concepts, and methodologies of all-source intelligence analysis to research, evaluate, and integrate all-source data in the preparation and presentation of intelligence analytical products
● Must be able to demonstrate each of the following:
o Ability to develop metrics, perform critical analysis, identify threats, conduct thorough research, and develop leadership decision support content
o Analytical expertise necessary to accurately draw conclusions by synthesizing raw data and information from multiple unrelated sources into a finished comprehensive product.
o A proven ability to independently and efficiently handle multiple time sensitive projects, rapid change and ambiguity while maintaining the highest analytical standards and direct contact with due diligence and intelligence consumers, including making challenging judgment calls in the absence of senior leaders.
o Ability to negotiate deadlines with key stakeholders
o Experience learning and quickly becoming proficient maintaining databases and utilizing software applications, such as: Analyst's Notebook or other intelligence analysis and data collection tools, case management tools, social media analysis tools, and geographic information systems, as well as the Microsoft Office suite.
o Analytical expertise necessary to accurately draw conclusions by synthesizing raw data and information from multiple unrelated sources into a finished comprehensive product
● Excellent professional thinking, writing and briefing skills; demonstrated proficiency in clearly communicating highly technical security concepts to non-security audiences in business terms
● Able to produce high-quality detailed documentation to internal and external parties while managing sensitive or confidential information
● A proven ability to independently and efficiently handle multiple time-sensitive projects, rapid change and ambiguity while maintaining the highest analytical standards and direct contact with intelligence consumers, including making challenging judgment calls in the absence of senior leaders
● Able to work under adverse and stressful conditions with little or no supervision
● Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
● Superior customer service orientation
● Efficiency in oral and written communication
● Able to work flexible schedules
● Thrive in a high-tempo environment and possess strong multi-tasking skills
● Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
● Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
● Ability to logically and objectively analyze problems, apply sound judgment in assessing possible solutions, adjust to changing priorities, and meet tight deadlines