Security Guard FT/PT - Waterloo, Ontario Canada
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Professional Security Officers and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
- Full Time
- JOB LEVEL: Mid-Level
- Travel: No
What makes a successful Professional Security Officer at Allied Universal?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Trust Worthy
- Team Player
- Quick Thinking
- OUR CORE VALUES MAKE US PHENOMENAL. Efficient & Effective, Obsessively Focused on Results, Client Focused, Nimble, Fast and Responsive, United as a Team
- Our shared sense of duty to our customers and to one another, a dedication to a customer experience that is an industry standard
- Our relationships are at the heart of everything we do, each and every day.
Allied Universal offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Regional Vice President
Director of Operations
Professional Security Officer
"There is a mission, philanthropy, that we stand for… we do exciting and fulfilling work that protects people and assets, and that feels good"
From the time our Professional Security Guards are hired, Generally, excluding some clients and unions, employees are eligible for health and welfare benefits 1st of month following 60 days of employment. For 401(k) eligibility employees are eligible after 6 months of service.”
Service Anniversary Bonus
401k Retirement Plan
Company-Paid Life Insurance
Recognition & Rewards Programs
Employee Assistance Programs
Employee Discount Program
Tuition Discount Program
Training & Career Development Programs
ResponsibilitiesSecurity Guard FT/PT - Waterloo, Ontario Canada Position Type Full Time Req ID 2019-323432 Job Priority Field ID None Work Days Available Monday - Friday,Saturday - Sunday
Security Guard position (Full time) - Waterloo - 2 VACANCIES FULL TIME & MULTIPLE POSITIONS PART TIME (Must have a flexible availability).
Pay Rate $18.00 per hour
- Completion of high school
Required License or certification:
- Security Guard License (Ontario) (Required), Ontario Class G Driver’s License (preferred) & First Aid CPR Certificate (preferred)
Job Type: Full-time & Part Time
Hourly Wage: $18.00
We are seeking a Security Professional to become an integral part of our security team, please see the job description below:
- Must be comfortable working on a computer for long periods of time
- Monitor alarms (local and remote) through various types of computer software
- Respond to emergency situations
- Provision access onto access badges
- Perform building patrols and vehicular patrols
- Monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules
- Warn violators of premise rules and regulations
- Report any facility issues such as fire hazards and leaking water pipes
- Valid Ontario Security License
- Previous experience in security, law enforcement, or other related fields is a requirement as well
- Familiarity with security equipment, CCTV, access control systems, access badges.
- Strong attention to detail
Shift Schedule (example):
Two week rotating schedule - must be available for this schedule upon hire:
Monday & Tuesday (Day Shifts 0700-1900)
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, & Thursday (Days Shifts 0700-1900)
Monday & Tuesday (Night Shifts 1900-0700)
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, & Thursday (Night Shifts 1900-0700)