Engineering Manager - TelecomWillowbrook, Illinois Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-643490
Adesta, an ALLIED UNIVERSAL® company, specializes in the design and implementation of modern communications networks and infrastructure for public and private customers and government entities. Adesta works to craft solutions that meet our customers’ project goals and budgets, and position them well for future success. Adesta not only offers engineering, technical, and management expertise of an established systems integrator, we also back our expertise with dependable maintenance support and training. Adesta continues to hire talented telecommunications professionals including Project and Construction Managers, Outside Plant Specialists and Inspectors, Technicians, CADD Technicians, Network Control Center Operators and Utility Locators. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Start your phenomenal career with Adesta today!
The Engineering Manager will oversee and complete all the engineering required for the implementation of the project configuration, testing and acceptance. The Manager should understand the policies, procedures, standards, and goals of the company and direct the execution of all aspects of engineering, permitting, construction, and final acceptance with those in mind.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Supervises and completes all detailed engineering for projects including technical documents, drawings, scopes of work, and specifications. Ensures that the engineering complies with the requirements of the prime contract.
- Interprets building architecture, mechanical and electrical drawings, and makes recommendations for installing equipment and materials in coordination with building management, the owner, and the applicable jurisdictions.
- Manages the preparation and submittal of contract deliverables such as engineering drawings, final acceptance documentation, and turnover packages.
- Reviews system design and component compatibility. Exercises cost analysis procedures and value engineering for components in the project, creating opportunities for cost reduction and margin increases.
- Attends meetings with clients, permitting officials and others for the purpose of providing project status and information, establishing guidelines, developing and maintaining schedules, etc.
- Ensures that all required permits and rights-of-way are acquired in a timely manner.
- Manages the material requisition process and coordinates with vendors for timely completion of contracts.
- As necessary, oversees the scheduling and production of the CADD department for the preparation of all drawings required for the project.
- Evaluates new job prospects through direct customer contact, site evaluations followed by estimates and proposal preparation.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS degree in civil engineering, electrical engineering, or related field with five to ten years of experience in the telecommunications environment with training on multiple vendor communications equipment. An acceptable and equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Past supervisory experience in a construction or operations background a definite plus.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to produce, read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and other documents.
- Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports.
- The position may require a lot of interaction with other departments and field employees and should therefore possess good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to work various shifts and weekends, as dictated by the operational needs of the team.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Current state driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
Allied Universal® provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to people and businesses within our local communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com. We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.