Senior Construction ManagerWillowbrook, Illinois Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-643483
Adesta, an ALLIED UNIVERSAL® company, specializes in the design and implementation of modern communications networks and infrastructure for public and private customers and government entities. Adesta works to craft solutions that meet our customers’ project goals and budgets, and position them well for future success. Adesta not only offers engineering, technical, and management expertise of an established systems integrator, we also back our expertise with dependable maintenance support and training. Adesta continues to hire talented telecommunications professionals including Project and Construction Managers, Outside Plant Specialists and Inspectors, Technicians, CADD Technicians, Network Control Center Operators and Utility Locators. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Start your phenomenal career with Adesta today!
The Manager will represent the company in pre-bid, pre-construction and subcontractor negotiations and is the customer interface on any construction-related meetings or items and any initial permitting contracts. Will effectively schedule the work and assign tasks to team members based on team member’s skills, competencies, and experience to meet or exceed the assigned tasking and provide professional development. The incumbent will lead by example in the construction and splicing of the required scopes of work and supervise the team of inspectors to accomplish the required activities on schedule.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Interprets architectural, engineering, utility -right-of-way and grid maps, underground utility records, and railroad validation maps and drawings, and makes recommendations for placing system running lines and/or equipment. Understanding the typical and standards for telecommunication construction.
- Understands, participates in and directs the construction, inspection, and splicing processes in order to support the requirements of the project contract and coordinates a team effort. Communicates effectively to direct reports the permitting requirements, standards, typicals, and issues to be resolved.
- Manages sub-contractors to ensure they work per scope, plans, and within budget. Provides guidance to ensure they are working safely.
- Provides guidance and proper instructions to OSP/ISP/security project personnel for planning, scheduling, and close out of projects. Ensures documentation is properly prepared for subsequent turnover to the owner.
- Actively participates in scheduling and building access meetings (intra-company) and meetings with municipalities and governmental permitting officials to coordinate and manage the project schedule.
- Using company accounting techniques, maintains supervision over requisitioning of permanent materials and subcontracting for labor in order to remain within budget constraints, as well as accounting for own and subcontractor’s work at any phase of construction or installation.
- Understands the policies, procedures, standards, and goals of the organization and directs the execution of all aspects of engineering, permitting, construction, and final acceptance with those in mind.
- Represents the company in pre-bid, pre-construction and subcontractor negotiations, and is the customer interface on any construction-related meetings or items and any initial permitting contracts.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least five years of progressively more responsible field engineering or construction project experience with three of supervision of subordinates. Any discipline acceptable, but civil, mechanical or electrical preferred. Desirable work experience includes field engineering management responsibility and/or project oversight responsibility. A BS/BA degree in civil, mechanical, electrical, or construction engineering preferred, but not mandatory. An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Valid driver’s license
- Should possess good customer service abilities along with refined grammar skills. The position may require a lot of interaction with other departments and field employees and outside calls are frequently fielded and must be handled in a professional manner
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and other documents.
- Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports and mentoring.
Allied Universal® provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to people and businesses within our local communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com. We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.