VeterinarianWinchester, Virginia Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2023-1092084
MSA Security®, An Allied Universal® Company, is a leading global provider of high consequence threat solutions. We offer customized and innovative security solutions developed and executed by a team of experienced professionals. We deploy more than 800 Canine Detection Teams nationwide to mitigate the explosive and active shooter threats. Our patented SmartTech® solution provides instant, remote X-ray screener support from FBI-trained bomb technicians. At MSA Security, we take pride in hiring professionals with diverse backgrounds in law enforcement and military service. Start your phenomenal career with us today! We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, retirement plan, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!
MSA Security®, An Allied Universal® Company, is hiring a Veterinarian-OCONUS. Our deployed veterinary team is comprised of Veterinarians and Licensed Veterinary Technicians caring for the health and wellness of a large number of working dogs. The Veterinarian will diagnose, treat, and research medical conditions and diseases specifically for the explosive detection canines in an OCONUS setting. The veterinary team works closely with our Continental United States-based veterinary personnel and operations staff. The Veterinarian is expected to travel for extended periods, in austere and/or challenging locations.
- Examine canines for various diseases or injuries, and administer the best possible treatment(s)
- Perform the various routine, elective, and/or emergent surgical procedures consistent with Working Dog general practice
- Research and prescribe the best possible preventative strategies in an effort to maximize canine fitness for duty and minimize lost time due to preventable conditions
- Utilize in-house imaging modalities, such as digital radiographs, and ultrasound; perform the studies and interpret the results
- Perform training and present veterinary information to veterinary personnel, canine handlers, trainers, and other stakeholders in regard to injury triage and prevention, as well as zoonoses
- Use a cloud-based working-dog-specific electronic medical record system, maintain veterinary records, generate relevant reports, and track necessary data
- Provide veterinary expertise and inspections for facilities used to kennel Working Dog populations
- Veterinary degree from an institution accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association
- Be licensed as a veterinarian in a minimum of one U.S. state, with the ability to become licensed in Virginia within ninety (90) days of starting employment
- USDA Accredited (minimum Category 1) to issue international health certificates for canines traveling from the U.S
- Be a U.S. Citizen and possess a valid U.S. Passport
- Be able to maintain, or already possess, a minimum SECRET level clearance
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience practicing as a veterinarian
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Effectively communicate and consult with other veterinary teams supporting canine missions in remote locations
- Prior work experience with Explosive Detection Canines
- Medical- No cost coverage for employee/ family
- dental, vision, basic life, AD&D, and disability insurance
- Enrollment in our company’s 401(k)plan, subject to eligibility requirement
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.