Service Desk CoordinatorWyoming, Michigan Position Type Full Time Req ID: 2021-640156
The Service Desk Coordinator is the first line of communications for customers when they have requests, questions, concerns and/or inquiries. The Coordinator is responsible to route these requests to the appropriate parties for fulfillment. This position is also responsible to ensure effective communication & escalation to appropriate leadership for any and all matters that need remediation. The Service Desk Coordinator will work in accordance with the organization’s office policies and procedures, keeping in mind the overall core values of Allied Universal Technology Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Routing of requests, concerns, questions, and inquiries to appropriate parties (including Management and Technical Staff) either through an electronic service toolset, telephone, email, instant messaging, and other communications mediums.
- Coordinate and liaise with all departments related to assigned service activities and necessary escalation.
- Effectively communicate deficiencies and concerns or inquiries immediately to management regarding any inquiry from a customer or internally interested party.
- Maintain SLA requirements for contracted customer issues & service requests by prompt notifications and documentation of reported issues and questions.
- Responsible for maintaining effective internal communications and to ensure contractual obligations are fulfilled while quickly resolving issues, thereby minimizing customer concerns, and enhancing customer relations.
- Track regional logged cases and workorder task and report anomalies to appropriate management staff.
- Assist Service Managers in scheduling of technical staff.
- Produce on-demand and recurring reports for Service Management staff.
- Update Work Order Tasks as assigned.
- Follow-up and communicate with external customers as required.
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma is required. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in Operations Coordination, Central Station Operations or Related Field
- Possession of valid state issued driver’s license required.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Teams, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, and Word).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Possess excellent verbal, written communication and follow-up skills.
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate and influence others.
- Must be familiar with and able to analyze and manipulate electronic (software based) management tools including metrics, dashboards for measuring KPI’s and or CPI’s.
- Must be able to participate in on-call activities based on assignment by the Service Desk Manager. This includes recurring scheduled on-call requirements.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence, and reports in English.
- The employee must be able to constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- The job is generally performed in an office setting.
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above normal for portions of the shift.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.